Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ork painting in progress...



Hey, everyone. Currently working on a digital painting in Painter IX. I've always wanted to work for Wizards of the Coast or some of the other Role Playing companies. I've decided to put together some kick-ass fantasy pieces to add to my portfolio. I really don't know much about Warhammer 40k, but after doing a little online research, I decided my first piece would be of an Ork. It kinda fits my style, don't you think?
I started this image by drawing my sketch in a dark brown color, then added color on top with a new layer set to "multiply". Then, for the brighter highlights, I opened a new normal layer.
So, in the first image up there you can see some of the detail work that I started with on the face. I usually throw in the darks first, then pop in the highlights. The lower image, shows my progress as I finished up the helmet and moved down to the spiky shoulder armour.
So, hopefully this piece turns out nice. I will keep adding Work-in-progress shots as I go along. Any questions, just leave a comment or shoot me an email.
See ya!

William

No comments:

Post a Comment